One thing I love about Storyline 360 is that it’s continuously updated with new features—which means we get to enjoy them as soon as they’re released! But with so many powerful ones added last year, it can be hard to keep up with all the new possibilities. So, I thought I’d share a few of the features I found most helpful in terms of productivity and workflow.  

1. Save time with these timeline workflow enhancements

With every project, I try to find the most efficient way to build the course. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when I saw all the new time-saving upgrades to the timeline so I could create slides faster than ever. 

Need to move things around? Now you can quickly change the order of multiple objects on the timeline all at once.

Forget to paste an item into a group? No problem! Simply choose where pasted objects appear in the stacking order or paste them into an existing group.

Need to ensure your objects appear at the same time? You now have three options for aligning objects on the timeline. 

Is your timeline too long? Instantly reset it to five seconds or shorten it to the object with the longest duration. 

2. Improve keyboard navigation faster than ever

As course designers, we spend a lot of time designing learning content—so it’s essential that everyone can access it. Thanks to the latest Storyline 360 enhancements, you can now quickly customize the accessibility focus order by selecting multiple objects and moving or removing them all at once so learners who navigate with a keyboard and use a screen reader can easily navigate and consume the content.

3. Let learners easily print any slide 

Sometimes you might want to allow learners to print something—such as a typed response or a course completion certificate. Now, with the new print slide trigger, they can! With a single trigger, you can add a print button as a tab to the modern player or on a slide so learners can print the current slide or any slide you choose. 

4. Stay organized by renaming and reordering states 

When creating courses, I like to keep my objects organized so they’re easier to manage. This also makes it easier if someone else ever needs to edit the file later on. So, when I learned that you can now rename and reorder object states, I was thrilled! 

Now, if you accidentally make a typo, you can just edit it! 

Or, if you change your mind later about how you arranged the states, you can simply reorder them!  

5. Define two actions with a single trigger 

If you’ve ever created an interactive course in Storyline 360, then you’re probably familiar with triggers. But just in case you’re not, triggers let authors add interactivity without any coding. They’re super-quick and easy to use! And now, they’re even better because you can define two actions for a single trigger instead of needing multiple triggers. 

Before: Two Triggers

After: One Trigger 

(with Else condition)

Wrap-Up

But that’s not all! We added so many other incredible features last year that I could write about. If you want to see the complete list, head on over here: Explore the 65+ Articulate 360 Features We Added in 2022

And although it’s nice to look back to ensure you didn’t miss anything, it’s also fun to look ahead to all the cool stuff we’re currently working on. That’s right! If you want a sneak peek at the upcoming features, you can check out our Articulate 360 Feature Roadmap.

If you want to try these new features out for yourself, but don’t have Articulate 360, why not start a free 30-day trial? And be sure to come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. Have questions? Please share them in the comments.

Be the first to comment