At Articulate, we want to help you provide an amazing learning experience to all your learners. That’s why we’ve been working hard behind the scenes on some enhancements to the modern and classic players in Storyline 3 that will make your courses significantly more accessible. Here’s what’s changed:
- View Courses on a Variety of Screen Readers: Now learners have more options for viewing courses on their desktop, tablet, and mobile devices using a screen reader. In addition to JAWS*, they can now use NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack.
- Navigate More Easily: We’ve made it easier for screen readers to understand the structure of Storyline 360 courses and improved keyboard navigation so learners can take advantage of many of the standard screen reader navigation features.
These improvements will make exploring e-learning content easier than ever for learners using assistive technologies. Want to dig into the technical details of this new feature? Hop on over to this page. And be sure to check out these resources for tips on making your e-learning content accessible:
- What Is 508 Compliance for E-Learning and How Can You Achieve It?
- Understanding WCAG: A Quickstart Guide for E-Learning Developers
- Storyline 3: How to Design an Accessible Course
- Storyline 3 Accessibility Conformance Report
- Storyline 3 Is Compliant with Section 508 Accessibility Guidelines
Want to try out the new accessible player? Download a free 30-day trial of Articulate 360, which includes Storyline 360—the latest version of Storyline, with continuously updated features, including the new accessible player.
And come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.
* Note that JAWS has limited support for Microsoft Edge.