No matter how good a PowerPointer you are and no matter how often you work in PowerPoint, you're bound to miss a feature that other users consider essential.
Last week we asked you to share your favorite PowerPoint features – and you did! From picture styles, shape effects and animations to customizing and production efficiencies – you definitely covered the "must know" features!
Below is a summary of your favorite features along with links to their screencasts. If you have additional features or know of screencasts that support this list, please add them to the comments and we'll update the list.
- Try this tool for removing image backgrounds in #PowerPoint 2010 (good for #Articulate projects)
- PowerPoint Tip: How to remove the background of an image
- Learn to remove the background from images in #PowerPoint 2007
- Removing backgrounds from images using shapes and clipboard fills in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint 2010: Use the animation painter to apply animations from one object to another
- Here's how to save time using the animation painter in PowerPoint 2010
Video and multimedia
Saving Presentations as movies:
PowerPoint 2010 Video:
- Utilizing PowerPoint to create video/flash Articulate sidebar effects inspired by David Fair
- Replace the sidebar in Articulate Presenter with video content,such as a talking person
- Use the selection pane in PowerPoint 2007 to manage the layered objects on your slide.
- Use selection pane to manage object layers and names for improved efficiency when building elearning courses
- The difference between #PowerPoint slide masters & slide layouts in PPT 2007/2010
- Using Slide Masters to automate picture effects and styles
Customize menu bar:
- How to customize PowerPoint 2007 Quick Access Toolbar with your most frequent PPT and Articulate tasks
Image and Text Placeholders:
Ready to move beyond PowerPoint for your online training? See what all the buzz is about and sign up for a free trial of Rise.com, the all-in-one system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage. Have questions? Please leave them in the comments.