The Process interaction lets learners discover the steps of a linear process. Use the Process interaction to:
- Illustrate the steps of a process.
- Walk through a series of related items.
- Explain a workflow or procedure.
Exploring the Editor
The Process editor has three columns with the following panels:
- Steps: Located on the left side of the screen, this panel is used to manage steps for your interaction.
- Text: Located in the middle of the screen, this panel is used to add text to each step.
- Audio: Located in the upper right corner of the editor, this panel is used to add and edit audio.
- Media: Located in the lower right corner, this panel is used to add pictures, characters, videos, and Flash files.
Here are some tips for working with the editor:
- Change the width of a column by dragging its boundary with your mouse.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the Audio panel to collapse it if you need more room to work with the Media panel. Click it again to reopen the panel.
To add a step, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the Process tab on the ribbon, and click Add Step.
- Click the Create a new step button in the lower left corner of the Steps panel.
- Click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the Steps panel to copy the currently selected step(s).
New steps get added just below the step that's currently selected in the Steps panel—unless the summary is selected, in which case new steps get added above it.
Tip: A Process interaction can have up to 20 steps (not counting the introduction and summary).
To rename a step, do either of the following:
- Double-click the step in the Steps panel to open it for editing. Enter the new name, and press the Enter key.
- Select the step in the Steps panel, and type the new name in the title field at the top of the text panel.
Tip: You can rename the introduction or summary in the same way.
To change the order of steps, select one or more steps in the Steps panel, and do any of the following:
- Drag them to a new location in the list. An orange line will move with your mouse to indicate where the steps will be when your mouse is released.
- Go to the Process tab on the ribbon, click Move Step, and select either Up or Down.
- Use the Up and Down arrows at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Note: The introduction and summary can't be moved.
To delete a step, select it in the Steps panel, and do any of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go to the Process tab on the ribbon, and click Delete Step.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: You can't delete the introduction or summary, but you can hide them.
Adding Content to Steps
To add text, audio, and media to each step, see the following tutorials:
Changing the Numbering Style
To change the numbering style for the navigation buttons in your Process interaction, do the following:
- Go to the Process tab on the ribbon, and click Interaction Properties.
- Select the Process tab on the left side of the window.
- Choose a numbering style from the Number process steps using drop-down.
- Click OK.