Storyline 3 is here, and it’s full of great new features that make it easier than ever to create interactive, accessible e-learning for any device. We know you might be wondering about the differences between Storyline 3 and Articulate 360, so let’s take a closer look at how they compare.
What’s Storyline 3?
Storyline 3 is the latest perpetual version of Storyline, the industry-leading course creation app that makes it easy to create interactive courses for any device. It’s a perpetual license, so you’ll get a license to the software that you get to keep forever. You’ll also get periodic software updates with bug fixes.
Storyline 3 has tons of great new features that’ll help you get more done and reach more learners. Here are some of the highlights:
- Responsive player: The new responsive player adapts to mobile device screens automatically, so your courses look perfect, with no extra work for you.
- Closed captions: Make your courses more accessible for all of your learners by adding closed captions.
- Built-in dial interactions: Turn up the interactivity with new dial interactions that make it easier than ever to let learners explore data.
- New triggers and motion paths: With new triggers and motion path options, you can easily create exciting and engaging games.
- Enhanced HTML5 output: Your courses will look and run better than ever before with our completely rebuilt HTML5 engine.
What’s Articulate 360?
So what’s the difference between Articulate 360 and Storyline 3? Articulate 360 includes Storyline 360—a continuously updated version of Storyline—plus:
- Course assets: 2+ million stock photos, videos, icons, characters, and templates from Content Library, a fully integrated asset library you access right from Storyline 360.
- Simple review app: Articulate Review, a project review app also integrated with Storyline 360, makes it super-easy to get feedback on your Storyline course from subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Live training with experts: Articulate Live training webinars will help you become a power Storyline 360 user and grow your skills as an e-learning developer.
- Team collaboration: Articulate 360 customers with a Teams plan can create a collection of shared team slides that everyone can access right from Storyline 360. Upload branded project templates, share slides that need to be in every course, and give teammates access to reusable slide content.
And since Articulate 360 is a subscription, Storyline 360 users will get continuous access to new features and new content. In short, with Articulate 360, Storyline 360 users will always have the latest version of Storyline in addition to a huge library of design assets, a simple way to get their Storyline 360 projects through the review process, and invaluable training with the industry’s leading e-learning developers.
Articulate 360 also includes other course development apps that Storyline 360 users might find helpful for creating responsive, web-based courses and videos.
You can get a free 30-day trial of Articulate 360 to see for yourself. And if you have any questions about comparing Articulate 360 and Storyline 3, just get in touch with our Customer Success Team and they’ll help you out.