In Articulate Online, if you have any presentations, quizzes, or Engage interactions that you’ve marked as private content rather than public, then you’ll need to specify the users whom you want to access those items. This involves setting them up in Articulate Online with their email and a password. When users need to log in to see your content, this not only creates a more secure way to deploy your e-learning, it also enables you to track who views your content, and to collect data regarding their progress and scores.
Depending on your situation, it might be more efficient for you to import user data—but if that’s not the case, you can add users by following the process we cover here.
In this tutorial we’ll walk through how to add a new group, how to add new users, and how to assign those users to groups.
Adding a Group
Though it’s not mandatory, we recommend you organize users into groups. This makes it easier to invite multiple users to your content, because you can select all users in a group rather than having to pick one user at a time. It also makes it easier to filter the data in your reports, so that you can see data about specific groups of people rather than everyone all at once.
The groups you set up are totally up to you. For example, you might want to set up a different group for each department in your company. Or, if you serve learners from multiple clients, you might set up a group for each client organization. Users can belong to more than one group if you like.To set up a group:
- Click the People tab.
- Click Groups.
- When you first begin using Articulate Online, there will be just two default groups already set up: Administrators and Publishers. Click Add a new group.
- Type the group name in the field provided, and click Save.
You can keep adding more groups if you like.
Setting up users in Articulate Online is easy, and you can add new users to groups if you want, all on the same window. Here’s how:
- Click the People tab.
- Click Users, then Add users.
- In the Email addresses box, enter the email address of the person you want to add. You can add more than one person by separating the names with commas.
- In the Passwords area, you can choose Generate a random password, or you can Specify a password by entering a password in the field.
- If you want Articulate Online to send an email to each user notifying them of their login credentials, mark the E-mail each user box (it’ll be marked automatically if you’re generating a random password), and make any adjustments to the Custom message text.
- If you want to add the user(s) to a group, you can select the group(s) by clicking next to the ones you want to assign.
- Click Add Users.
Once you set up users, you can invite them to view any private content you’ve uploaded to Articulate Online. For details, see Giving Users Access to Your Content.