Each week our very own David Anderson shares a new theme to inspire you to stretch your creative muscles. These weekly challenges are a fun and rewarding way to learn new skills, share your work, build your presence in the E-Learning Heroes community, and connect with (and learn from) fellow e-learning pros from all over the globe.
It’s always exciting to see how creative our community is and how each designer’s individual style and personality shines through their work. So, to celebrate your hard work once more, we’ve rounded up the most popular E-Learning Challenges of 2019 (including a few blasts from the past that caught a second wind). Take a look!
- The E-Learning Heroes community absolutely couldn’t wait to come on down and try their hand at designing a game show–inspired project in this challenge, 28 Delightful Game Show Examples in E-Learning #217.
- Who doesn’t love a choose-your-own-adventure game? Clearly, e-learning pros are a huge fan of the idea if this challenge, 18 Choose Your Own Adventure E-Learning Examples #181, is any indication. We loved seeing the variety of topics the community chose to cover using this clever design device!
- E-learning pros are always looking for new, cool ways to present information, and this challenge, 28 Animated Ideas for Using GIFs in E-Learning #221, really showed how to use animated GIFs effectively.
- The 36 Examples of Interactive Step and Process Graphics in this E-Learning Challenge #238 offered up some brilliant and inspired ideas for transforming dull step/process content into something that’s a little more engaging and interactive.
- Branching scenarios are a wonderful way to get learners to practice applying new skills—and learning from the consequences of their choices. That’s why we love seeing all the fresh scenario ideas surfaced in this classic weekly challenge, 19 Ways Instructional Designers Use Branching Scenarios #99.
- What challenges you as a designer? This was the question answered by this insightful design challenge, 30+ Creative Examples of E-Learning Activities #129.
- Showing characters having a conversation is a staple of e-learning courses ... but it can be hard to come up with interesting ways to present them. That’s why we think the 23 Creative Ideas for Showing Dialogue and Conversations in E-Learning #233 is a great resource to bookmark for some quick design inspiration.
- It’s always a challenge to creatively present data or static information in a way that’s both interactive and effective. If this struggle sounds all too familiar to you, check out these 30 Examples of Interactive Infographics in E-Learning #236.
- In this weekly challenge, 40+ Brilliant Course Starter Templates for E-Learning #123, your fellow designers shared their favorite creative course starters, including intro slides, interactions, quizzes, and much more.
- And in this challenge, 33 Graphic Design Techniques for Using Text on Image in E-Learning #250, you can see how course designers approached typography by using size, color, image blurring, and more.
Remember: It’s never too late to add your project to past E-Learning Challenges by posting them in the comments.
Follow us on Twitter and come back to E-Learning Heroes soon for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.