Basic slide layouts come from your slide masters. They provide common layouts for titles, text, and media. To add a new slide from a basic layout:
- Open the Insert Slides window using any of these methods:
- Press Ctrl+M on your keyboard.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon and click New Slide.
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon and click New Slide.
- When the Insert Slides window appears, select the Basic Layouts tab on the left, then choose a slide layout.
- Click Insert.
Tip: Articulate Storyline displays the layouts associated with each theme in your project.
Adding Themes to the Basic Layouts
To add more themes to the basic layouts, do either of the following:
- Go to the Design tab on the ribbon, right-click a ready-made design theme thumbnail, and choose one of the options to apply it to your project. Thereafter, all the layouts associated with that theme will be available on the Basic Layouts window.
- Create a custom theme in the current project. All layouts you create as part of the new theme will be available on the Basic Layouts window.