In the previous tutorial we learned about enhancing the appearance of your quiz by working in slide view. We will build upon that in this tutorial by taking a look at how to edit the result slide.
The result slide is a unique slide that appears at the end of a quiz to provide learners with feedback and follow-up instructions. For graded quizzes, the result slide can also display a learner's score and whether or not they passed.
Watch this video first, then follow the steps below to practice.
You don't need to add a result slide to your quiz. It'll get added automatically. We'll start by taking a look at the feedback layers that are part of the result slide.
- Edit the result slide by making some simple changes to the Success and Failure layers. You can add, delete, move or reformat objects to change the look & feel of each layer.
- Add a character to the Success layer and add a different character to the Failure layer to create some customized feedback that looks something like the examples below.
Next, we'll use the the timeline and add an entrance animation effect to change when and how your characters appear on the feedback layers.
- On the Success layer adjust the timeline so that your character appears at the one second mark of the timeline with a Fade In entrance animation.
- On the Failure layer adjust the timeline so that your character appears at the two second mark of the timeline with a Fade In entrance animation.
Finally, we will make some selections about what you want to happen when your quiz is completed.
- On the Success layer enable the Allow user to print results option and disable the Allow user to retry quiz option.
- On the Failure layer disable the Allow user to print results option and enable the Allow user to retry quiz option.
So far we've seen how to create a basic quiz and adjust the settings that control how it works. In our next tutorial we will see how to create freeform questions.