Articulate Engage 360 - audio won't play automatically

Aug 29, 2018

Hi,

I added a 'Quick Choice' interaction in my articulate project. There is a narration for each slide. They play automatically except for the Engage interaction. The user has to click ... Is there a way to fix that ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Marc

12 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what you are experiencing.

Would you be able to share the project file so we can take a look? I'm not sure if that's a .story file or if that's an Articulate Package.

If you cannot share here in the forums, you are welcome to share here privately.

Christina Brown

Hi All! 

I'm having the same issue when using Review 360. I imported an Engage interaction to a Storyline 360 project and it will not play automatically. The interactions setup as separate slides within the Storyline 360 project and currently when the user enters the slide a play button appears.

I would like for the Engage interaction to automatically play when the user enters the slide, without a play button appearing. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
Christina

Christina Brown

Hi Alyssa,

Yes, I was using Chrome to view the published course. However, I tested the course in Firefox, Safari, and Explorer and it functions properly.

Is there a fix in the works for this issue? For now, I will make sure to inform our testers and learners that if they are using Chrome, they will see the play button.

Thanks for your insight!

Christina

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Marc and Christina.

We appreciate your patience while our team investigated this.

I am happy to share some great news! We fixed the issue you reported where:
Engage Interactions Overlaid with Play Button in Chrome

Be sure to install the latest Storyline 360 update (Build 3.50.24668.0) to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. 

If the problem happens again, please let us know, or you can always work directly with our support engineers here.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Ulises!

We are seeing this issue present itself again as well! I'm so sorry for the trouble. We have a few workarounds documented that I'll list below:

• Use a different browser other than Chrome. 
  • Set the sound effects in Engage to "no sound effects."
  • Add a slide before the Engage interaction.

I've linked this discussion to our updated bug report and will return when we have an update to share! Please let me know if either one of these workarounds works for you.