Engage and Quizmaker not detected as being installed in PPT 2013

Sep 23, 2014

I do tech support for our center. One of our staff is using Articulate Studio 2013. In PowerPoint 2013, Presenter works fine, the buttons on the ribbon for Engage and Quizmaker are present. When you click on the Engage or Quizmaker buttons the dialogue box for creating a new item, or importing an item appears, but when you select either "Add Existing.." or "Create New..." a message box from Presenter pops saying "You'll need Articulate Engage to complete this action. Please install it to continue."

I have tried running the repair option in the Articulate install file. I also uninstalled Articulate Studio, downloaded the latest version and reinstalled it. I have verified that both Engage and Quizmaker run fine outside of PowerPoint.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to proceed from here in trying to get this to work?

Specs:

Office version: Office 2013 (32 bit)

Presenter Version: Update 4: 1409.422

Thank you for your assistance.

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Chris and welcome to Heroes,

I'm sorry to hear about this odd behavior, and I do see something documented for this issue to:

You may see thiserror when adding an interaction to an Articulate Presenter '13 course:

Unable to create an instance of Articulate Engage.

Here's how to fix it:

1. Repair Articulate Studio '13.
  2. Verify that the Articulate add-ins are properly enabled in PowerPoint.

I know you mentioned going the uninstall route, but I'd also look further into the repair and the add ins just to be sure.

Also, if the behavior persists you may want to look at connecting with our support team so that we can take a deeper look at the system set up.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.