Engage video will not play in published ios or html format

Dec 02, 2013

Here are the details:

1.     I publish to include Output to HTML 5, Use Articulate media player on iPad and Allow downloading for offline viewing

2.     The videos play in a browser when I select the presentation html file (flash)

3.     The videos do not play in a browser when I select "presentation_html5 file (see attached files. Second image illustrates loading animation in an infinite loop)

4.     I placed the project folder on a server and linked to the ioslaunch file. The file opened in the Articulate player and I downloaded for offline viewing. Videos will not play.

Any solutions?

6 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Patrick,

For #3:

Is this happening on both your PC and your iPad when you attempt to view the HTML5 output on a server? I know you mentioned you uploaded it for #4, but I'm not clear on whether you're viewing the HTML5 version locally from your PC, or not. 

Are you able to share a link to the uploaded project, so I can take a look on my desktop and iPad? 

Also, what type of video files are these? From the first one, I can see a MIME error - that could be the issue.

If FLV or MP4 movies won't play after uploading your published content to your server, it's likely that you need to add these MIME types to the server.  Here's how:

Thanks!

Andycom Bunn

Just a question. I am using Articulate 9.0 to deliver tests to my students.

Some of the students have reported that they saw other students complete the test, then start the test again and complete the test again, this time with a better mark.

What is the quick way to prevent this practice in the future?

Andy Bunn

abunn@robertsoncollege.com.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Andy and welcome to E-Learning Heroes,

When you insert a quiz into a Presenter '09 presentation, you can set the quiz properties to specify the number of quiz attempts that a user is allowed. 

Here's how:

Specify the number of quiz attempts in a Presenter '09 presentation

If you set the quiz attempt option to "1", your learners should only be able to try the quiz one time. 

If you're already limiting attempts and you've already tested and confirmed that you're able to retry the quiz after doing so, please let us know.

Thanks!

Patrick Doyle

Hi Christine,

Yes, it is happening on both my PC and your iPad when I attempt to view the HTML5 output on a server? It also happens when I view the files locally (where they have been outputted by Studio 13). I have deleted and imported the videos again for each engage interaction because I noticed that the video files were given a generic name instead of the title (e.g. Video.swf instead of AcuteAbdominalPain.swf). This hasn't solved the problem.

I am at a loss because I have uploaded another project to the same server and the videos play without a hitch

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.