FAQ

Dec 04, 2012

I have an Engage  FAQ slide with ten slides. Currently, the viewer cannot navigate away from the slide unless he/she goes over all questions.  How can I make it possible to navigate away from the slide without having to go over all questions? to make it a sort of reference FAQ page. In the Player Templates>Navigation the User Navigation is set to: Free-user can view slides in any order. please help.

Thanks,

Anton

79 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Good morning Anton,

Are you inserting the Engage Interaction into Presenter, or creating the Engage Interaction for standalone use? It sounds like you're changing the navigation settings within Presenter.

What options do you have set for the Interaction Properties in Engage?

It should look something like this:

Saenna B Ahman

anton have you tried looking at the interaction properties at the bottom of your Engage slide in POwerpoint? I think you need to go to that powerpoint slide, click in the Properties section at the bottom, and that will bring up a window where you can choose to "Allow User to Leave Interaction: ANYTIME."

Tony Lahoud

Hi again,

I've been sending a published file via email; and setting the animations without set timings to 3 seconds (in Presentation Options). But the recepient views the animations running too fast and long before the slide viewing time is over. In another words, the sldies shoots the animated obejcts in the first few seconds of the viewing time, and then the viewer just wait until the viewing time is over. how can I distribute the execution of the animations during the whole viewing time of the slide?  

Thank you so much,

Anton.

Saenna B Ahman

hello Anton, make sure that in your POwerpoint file, the animations are set to "on click" - in other words, don't use the powerpoint timeline to set up a bunch of timings. Else the setting you speak of ("Animations without set timings") won't affect your animations. That setting ONLY affects animations that are set to "on click" AND which you have not synched in the Synch Animation tool. 

Saenna B Ahman

hi anton, yes you can. In Presenter, you just make sur e that your animations are set to "ON CLICK" and then go to the Articulate menu and click SyncANimations. Even if there is no audio, you can use the sync animations tool to control when each animation appears on the slide. Here is a tutorial. http://community.articulate.com/tutorials/products/syncing-animations-with-existing-narration.aspx Even though it talks about syncing animation with existing narration, it still works the same even if you have no narration on the slide.

Tony Lahoud

Thanks Peter,

I have another question, I created a "menu" slide in Presenter which includes few hyperlinked buttons to other slides (I hid the slides). One of the buttons is linked to a Quiz I created in Quiz maker. The issue is that after publishing the course I click on the button that is linked to the quiz slide, the quiz is not launched. 

Anton

Tony Lahoud

Hi,

I resolved the issue with the Quiz. I am facing another challenge with links: I have created shapes and applied some hyperlinks to them. There are four in total, spread on the page. When I publish, Articulate seems to create new clickable areas beyond the shapes. So when I click on any "empty" area on the page it activates the link. what am I missing . In the Player Template I got user navigation as Ristricted, and no Player Controls. In the Slide Properties there is no branching on this page.   

Thank you,

Anton

Tony Lahoud

Hi there,

I am creating a puzzle in Power Point which will eventually be part of an online training . The idea is to enable the viewer to click on each segment of the puzzle in order to reveal the text underneath it. I’ve been using links to in-document slides, while putting the text of all the segments on the Master Slide. As you know, this method is time consuming. Are you familiar with another way that does not take so much time?

thanks.

Anton

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Anton,

You might want to take a look at this thread. There's a pretty cool demo made by Mike Walters and some really great info there that you might find helpful for your course. Even though the information is for a Storyline course, I thought you'd still like to see the discussion and suggestions.

Here's another thread you may like. There's some pretty good discussion on this and some great ideas.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Anton!

First, take a look at David Anderson's screencast on creating customized email links from your rapid E-Learning courses:

You may also want to take a look at the following forum thread:

Hyperlink to create an already written email

I hope this helps. Good luck with the project!