Guided images Engage 360

Feb 07, 2018

Hi dear colleagues,

I created several Guided images in Engage 360. When I preview a guided image from the beginning the engage option starts and stops. In the left corner I see a wheel turning to load the interaction, but nothing happens. I have this problem with all of my Guided images in Engage 360. It looks like this isn't working in this version of Engage. Maybe we need an update? I have attached an example. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

I hope someone can help me out.

Kind Regards

Teun

19 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Teun,

Thanks for sharing your file! I previewed it and uploaded a copy to Articulate Review, and both worked normally for me. Can you take a look at my Review example here? 

Could you share a bit more about the environment you're working in? Are you on the latest update of Articulate 360 as well? Also can you test publishing it to Review and share that link with me? 

Teun Oomes

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your input. I tried the review you made and that works fine. Unfortunately I still have a problem when I create a Guided image. I published a test and put the link below. 

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/52257b9d-5141-48bb-a24e-960117729e96/review

I use the latest update of Articulate 360 and the version of Engage is v4.1214647.0

Version Engage 360

I hope you can help me out.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Teun,

Thanks for sharing that, I'm not sure why mine worked and yours didn't, but I touched base with a few other colleagues who could replicate the issue so we've reported this as a possible software bug. We'll let you know here once we have any updates or additional information on this - but if you do need to rollback your Engage to an earlier update, please let our Support team know - they're happy to help! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Teun and Brett,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is:

Guided Image Interaction does not load in Preview and published output.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Studio 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Developer 1

I think I'm still having similar issues with slides that contain an Engage object. If I start on an Engage slide it works ok. I can hit next if the next slide does not contain an Engage interaction. I cannot navigate to a new slide if it contains an Engage interaction! So it works if I insert a blank slide between every slide that contains an Engage interaction. These interactions are all Guided Image type. This is ridiculous and my client cannot understand why I cannot update their content.

Developer 1

Just updating here to say that I have discovered I can create completely new Engage interactions and I can jump from one slide to the next. Things freeze up if I create only one Engage interaction and duplicate that slide then try to navigate from one to the other (same behavior I'm seeing trying to navigate from one of my existing Engage interactions to another).

Katie Riggio

The goodness keeps on coming 😉We just released update 17 for Studio 360 – check out all the new features and fixes here!

One of the fixes addresses the issue where an Engage interaction would not load in an HTML5 course when it immediately followed another interaction of the same type.

Enjoy everything this update has to offer by launching the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and then clicking on Studio's Update button. It's that simple 🌟 Thanks again, and we're here if you need anything else!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.