Image Quality

Sep 05, 2013

Hi there, i'm posting screen shots of a website as a guided image and the quality is very poor. I'm unable to change the font. Any tips? Thanks

10 Replies
Justin Grenier

Good Afternoon Antonia, and welcome to Heroes!

Here are a few tips that may help you:

• As you can see here, the standard setting for the amount of space an image takes in a Guided Image Interaction is 75% of the total interaction size.  This percentage can be adjusted by following these instructions.
  • With the standard 75% setting, the ideal image size (to avoid resizing or scaling) is 434 x 295.
  • With the maximum 85% setting, the ideal image size  is 490 x 225.
  • I would recommend performing your screen captures at the above dimensions, if possible.  If you perform screen captures at 1024 x 768 (or higher) and allow Engage to scale the images down to under 500 pixels wide, your image quality will certainly suffer.

Please let us know if you need anything else, and have a great day!

Indrani Sen

Hello Leslie,

I  have a question regarding image quality.  If you look at my project file, you will see that the second tab leads to a lightbox slide.  Somehow the lightbox slide  font is blurry.  Do you have any idea?  I am inserting the weblink as well as the original file.

http://99ld.s3-us-east-2.amazonaws.com/2019VoIP/story_html5.html

Many thanks,

Indrani

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Indrani,

If you'll be using the combination of Storyline 2 + HTML5+ Chrome, you'll see that the output is slightly blurry compared to Flash. There isn't a fix for this in Storyline 2, but you may want to look at upgrading to Storyline 3, or take a look at the trial of Articulate 360 here (includes Storyline 360). Both of those have had vast improvements to the HTML5 output and how it'll playback for learners. 

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.