Problems Publishing

Apr 09, 2013

Hello,

For some reason I am only now experiencing a new issue. I have a ~40 minute presentation. I just updated it with new branded screen shots and audio updates and tried to publish it. I can see its progress as it behaves like all previous and successful published presentations. When it seems complete, I can click the zip option and walk through the steps of naming and storing a new zip file to a specific location. However, if I try to go back and locate this new zip file - it was never actually created so I cannot locate it. If I try the email option, I do get the generic email but there is no attachment included. If I try to click the folder option from the dialog box - it doesn't open anything. I have tried to name this presentation to something else and repeat the steps as well as reboot the machine and repeat the steps. No success - any ideas on what happened and how to publish successfully again?

Thank you,

Cindy

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Cindy,

First, please try to make sure that you're working with and publishing local files.

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If you're already working with local files, or moving the files to your hard drive doesn't help, try creating a new presentation. When you publish the new presentation, does the same thing happen?

If the same thing happens, it may be an issue with the installation. If, however, the files are showing up for the new presentation, it may be that the original presentation has become corrupted, or there's an issue with the media you added.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.