Scroll Bar

Dec 18, 2013

I have entered in the text that I would like to show but the box is not big enough.  It has a scroll bar to the right and I don't like the way that it looks.  Do I need to make my picture bigger to make the scroll bar go away?

4 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Angel,

I'm afraid that's not much to go on. Can you tell us which product you're using; Engage, Quizmaker, Presenter? Are you using a specific type of quiz or interaction?

Also, which version are you using, '09 or '13?

If you could give us a little more information what what you're working with, we'd be happy to try and help.

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Angel,

In your original post you mentioned text - is the scroll bar showing for text or an image? 

If it's an image, it may be the initial size of the image that's bringing in that scroll bar. When you zoom into an image, it displays the original file size. If that size is a little too large, you may need to scroll through it to view all of it. 

If you don't want to show this when zooming in on an image, you can open the original image file and scale it down, then reinsert it into your Engage interaction. 

Thanks!

first aesir

I actually have foud a workaround for this, and its very simple. Just use the slider, ad a couple of boxes as layers, ad a main text and give it 3 stances. In each one, just move the text up and made the slider go to each of them. I attach the example in SL3.

The slider lets you, in the format options of the main manu in SL, adjust it color, shape, etc. Both for the thumb and the scroll section.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.