Articulate online not updated course published in 360

I have an SL 2 course in Articulate Online. I converted the course to 360 and published to Articulate Online using the same name as the SL 2 version. I expected the publish to prompt me that a course by that name already exists but it didn't. 

Shouldn't the 360 course override the SL2 version if they are published with the same name?

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the post here. We did a bit of testing on this, and as long as we kept the Title of the course to the same exact thing as the original file it overwrote the earlier version as expected. I even had a colleague who tried changing everything else (from version number, description, even a brand new file) and each time she received the prompt to overwrite the earlier course. Could you share any additional information about the steps you went through when uploading your course to Articulate Online? 

Nancy Woinoski

I don't think i did anything special. I have a project on Articulate 360 that was published in SL2. It has been posted for about 2 years. I wanted to make some changes and update the file to 360 so opened the file in 360 made some changes and saved the file under the same name as the SL2 version.

I closed the file and then later opened it and published to Articulate Online using the same name. Instead of prompting me to override the existing file it created a new file and I now have 2 projects in Articulate 360 with the same name as you can see in the picture.

I did change PCs in between publishing the SL2 version and the 360 version. 

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Nancy,

Just following up here and I see that Rowie was able to get our AO engineers to confirm that there was an extra space at the end of the title for the course from Storyline 360. That's a known issue for us that we don't remove those trailing spaces - so just something to keep an eye on as you look at overwriting courses. 

Hope that helps and happy holidays!