Getting Score not percentage in Articulate Online from Storyline 360

Hi all,

I've been trawling through the different questions asked and answered here but couldn't quite find the answer to what I'm looking for. I have a language placement test I've created in Storyline and, when a user takes the test, I need to be able to see the results of the test in Articulate online to be able to place the user in the correct language course.

The test is adaptive in that there isn't a fixed number of slides the user will need to answer, the difficulty rises and falls based on the answers they give (the course is divided into subsections of level), the results all go to one final results slide.  Each subsection has a different scoring amount (A1 questions get 1 point, A2.1 questions get 2 points etc etc) and when a student completes the course they are shown a total score and the equivalent level, the score can range from 0 to around 700.

When I go to aticulate online to see the results, rather than see the number of points, I see a percentage, which I think (doing some math) is the percentage of the total number of questions available they have answered correctly, which is not very helpful to me to see their final score as they don't actually ever see all of the questions (there are 296 questions, and the most they will see are 60)

The program gives me their score based on the questions they answered in the results slide, but I can't seem to get that number into articulate online no matter what settings I choose when publishing. I don't need to see the completion rate or the number of slides, only this score. Ideally, the actually level in text, but I know that's not possible.

I've attached an image which shows screen grabs of Articulate online results, the result slide settings in Storyline, and the publishing settings.

Any ideas would be very very appreciated.

8 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Simon,

Thanks for contacting us and sharing what you are seeing in your published output.

It sounds like you're also saying that your Result Slide does not match what you are seeing in Articulate Online. Is that correct?

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Simon!

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you've tried so far. Most Learning Management Systems, including Articulate Online, will report the score as a percentage. Articulate Online doesn't include a custom report to track the points. 

However, I found this discussion where you might be able to try adding a custom variable that tracks the score points which could potentially be reported to an LMS. Here's the discussion!