"Neutral" and "Incomplete" status reporting from quiz created in Storyline 360 and hosted in Articulate Online

I am looking for help in correcting an ongoing issue that I am experiencing with a piece of content.  The quiz was created in Storyline 360 using a simple question bank and is hosted in Articulate Online.  Some users are able to take the quiz and it will report a "Passed" status, however many more complete successfully and Articulate Online reports a "Neutral" or Incomplete" status on the content.  I've tried everything that I know to do, recommendations?

8 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hey Amy!

Thanks for sharing your project and allowing me to take a look.

We have a helpful article on this subject that you can take a look at here.

When I toggle your presentation to AO from the Publish Options in your course, this is what I see:

So, for the users that are running into the issue, are they completing the course or leaving prior to?

Amy Adair

Hi Leslie,

The course exits after the slide when the slide timeline ends, this is when the users are exiting the course.  I've tested it in all accounts experiencing issue and have been able to duplicate the issue in each case despite passing the exam and completing the module in it's entirety.  

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Amy,

I just took a look at your case again and the issue reported. I do not have an update to provide.

The report states it only seems to be an issue with the HTML5 output, but no workaround is listed.

I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur.

I've linked this thread to the report as well.

Katie Gokhshteyn

Hi there, Amy! We fixed the issue you reported where question/answer data and completion status would not be tracked or get reported to Articulate Online.

Here's how you can update Storyline 360 to see all the latest features and fixes. If this problem resurfaces, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help!