360 Content Library Videos don't play in PPT/Presenter?

Jul 13, 2021

Hi community,

I am working on some simple PowerPoint builds. I want to add some movement to a slide with a video background and a transparency overlay. I found a great video in the 360 library but when I add it to the slide, I do not have the usual options to add a 'play' animation' and no playback menu appears on the PPT ribbon. When downloading to the slide, I selected for it to play automatically but it is stuck as a still image in the background. Can anyone provide guidance?

Thank you!

3 Replies
Becca Levan

Hello Sarah!

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm happy to work with you on this!

I was able to add a video from the Content Library into a slide, and it plays automatically when I preview it. Here's a quick 30-second Peek recording of that.

When you mention the 'play' animation' and no playback menu options you normally see on the PowerPoint ribbon, I don't think I understand fully. Could you attach a screenshot or do a Peek recording, so I see what you're describing?

If you can share your file with what you have so far, I'd be happy to take a look! Looking forward to your response so we can continue troubleshooting!

Sarah Taylor

Hi Becca,

Thanks for your response. Sorry I'm just seeing this! I'm still stuck on this one. I see the same options from your video and selected this to play automatically but it is still not playing for me. I created a short Peek of what I'm seeing. https://360.articulate.com/review/content/5a98a89e-c4e2-491c-bd71-77dab060b1f1/review

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Becca Levan

Hello again, Sarah! Thanks so much for sharing that Peek recording with me. 😊

Can you screenshot the video properties and share it here? Here's how to find the properties:

properties

I attached a test file with a video from the Content Library and added a transparent shape with text over it. Test it out, and let me know if that plays automatically on your end!

From there, I'd recommend connecting with one of our support engineers to test out that file and help determine the cause of the video not playing automatically!