Animated Gifs / PPT / Articulate

Apr 25, 2012

An end user had created a presentation in PowerPoint with two animated gifs (sun, snow) in a slide. When these gifs are played in Articulate the animations do not work.

What I have done so far to assist

Based on feedback on this forum, I created a web object for one of the animated gifs, and added it as part of a set of animation sequences on the Power Point presentation. When I view the sequence in PowerPoint, the web object appears on the slide (after a duration) as it should, and also moves out of the screen (after a duration) as it should.

Problem is - When I preview the same slide in Articulate, the animation appears, BUT will not MOVE out of the screen based on the animation sequesnce set up in PowerPoint.

Is there something I am missing?

The bigger question is - does anyone have / know of advanced tutorials that deal with

a) working with Web Objects in PPT and Articulate

b) working with Animated gifs in PPT and Articulate

Any help will much mucho appraciated.

Thanks!

James

5 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hey James!

As you've discovered, Presenter does not support animated GIF files. However, you may be able to convert your animated GIF to a Flash movie (SWF), and then insert the SWF file into your Presenter presentation.

A web search will reveal many GIF-to-SWF conversion tools. Here's one free converter.

There are also paid converters with additional features, such as here and here

Another option, which it sounds like you are currently working on, is to insert your animated GIF into an HTML web page, and then use the Web Object feature in Presenter to embed it into your presentation.

Let us know if that's helpful, and good luck!

James Wanjagi

Inserting the animated gif as a web object

When I view the sequence in PowerPoint, the web object animates based on the PowerPoint sequence applied (appear, and move out of the screen).

Problem is - When I preview the same slide in Articulate, the animated gif appears, BUT will not MOVE out of the screen based on the animation sequences set up in PowerPoint.

Thanks - James

Peter Anderson

Hi James,

If you'd like, you can send us your files so we can take a closer look. Please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Please be sure to include a description of your issue, your version of PowerPoint, version of Windows and version of Presenter '09, which you can find in Help and Support -> About Articulate Presenter. Please also include the URL for this thread so I can follow up with you personally in the forums. And feel free to come back and leave your case number here so I can keep a close eye on it. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.