Animation Triggers

Sep 09, 2013

A practice presentation I initially created in Power Point 2013uses a lot of animation triggers.  Now I see Articulate does not support these animations. Sure I could make an individual slide for each one and use hyperlinks, but then I will go from 1 slide to over 30 and files size will grow huge. 

Is there any other way to incorporate animation triggers without a massive build-up in file size.

The project I'm working on, think of simulating a user opening Windows explorer and looking for a file.  Every slide would require the same, full slide picture of the computer desktop.  That makes the file size grow fast.

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi John and welcome to Heroes! 

Currently Studio doesn't work with Powerpoint 2013 as described here, but if you've created a series of animations within Powerpoint that you'd like to include into your course, you could use the "Export" feature to export it as a video, and use that within your presentation. A similar thread here offered a link to an article on how to also do a Save as and turn the PPT into a WMV file. 

John Coker

Thank you or the replies.  Any word if there will be a future update/version to include animation triggers?

Justine,,

I did not consider the idea of a master as every 15-20 slides, the base image changes.  But let me play with that idea. Of course that means I would have to redo the whole thing but that's the fun part right?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi John,

We're in the midst of beta testing for Studio 13 and you can see what features are being highlighted here on the Preview page.  I don't know about all the new features that'll be included, but if you'd like to stay up to date on it's release and new features you can follow along with the Word of Mouth blog. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.