Animations

Apr 18, 2011

Having played around with the various settings & publishing options I've lost control of my original PowerPoint animations.

For example, when a slide is displayed I'd like to press the next button to see my animation. Instead, it progresses to the next slide.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
Brian Batt

Hi Carson,

It is not possible to allow the user to initiate on-click animations in the Articulate Player. As the author, when you record your audio, you will be able to synchronize your audio with your on-click animations. 

You can learn more here: 

http://www.articulate.com/blog/to-click-or-not-to-click/ 

You can simulate on-click animations by spreading the animation over one or more duplicate slides. Please see the article below for more information on this technique: 

http://daveperso.com/2008/07/29/creating-on-click-triggers-in-articulate-presenter/

Gerry Wasiluk

Hi!

Articulate Presenter does not support PowerPoint triggers, which I believe is what you are trying to do (click on an object and then something ahppens). 

And here is a list of supported animations and effects: http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/?p=400

What you can do iinstead is use a second slide (a dupe of the first) and have your animation appear there.  On your first slide, add a button and a hyperlink to your next slide.  Then hide your second slide in the Articulate navigation.

To you, it's two slides but to the learner it looks like one.

I bet Jeanette or David have a good tutorial for this . . .

Craig  Wright

I have created a PowerPoint with multiple trigger effects. It is not feasible to make a separate slide for each trigger. The triggers are not used in a fixed sequence either which makes navigation a problem. Is there any reason (technical or otherwise) WHY user activated triggers cannot be used in Articulate? I think this is a major plus for the program (if it is possible), but  also a very big disadvantage (if not possible).

Gerry Wasiluk

It's a current technical limitation, I believe.  No way around that without recasting things per the things Brian suggested.

Support for triggers is something some of us have requested.  There is a new version of the Articulate Suite due out later this year so if you wish to add your voice for trigger support, consider filing a feature request for Articulate's consideration.  No word yet on what will be included in the new versions.

Articulate is also coming with a new tool called Storyline this summer and, from what has been revealed publicly, trigger-like effects might be possible.  For more on Storyline, see this.

Wish there was more to offer . . .  still what can be done now with the tools remains impressive.

Mariajose Corrales

Hello,

I am new to articulate and I am having the same doubt. I see this post is from almost 3 years ago, but I was wondering if there is a workaround in Studio 13.

I want to give my user full control of their learning and for that, I would like him to be able to press the next button to see the animation and not move on to the next slide. 

I am trying to update multiple (to not say thousands) PPT's to articulate so I can post them to our new LMS and I would prefer not to change that many things on the present slides.

At this point I don't need any audio sync. 

Thanks for your help. 

MJ

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.