AO Uploader error: HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required

Aug 20, 2013

When user tried to publish from PPT, got a popup warning: Unknown error, Please check your URL and try again.

But in the event logs, it actually shows an "AO Uploader" error, Event#0, the event is:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( AO Uploader ) cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer, or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer, or contact the component manufacturer for a newer version.

If the event was saved from another computer or forwarded from a remote computer, you might have to include display information with the events when saving them or when setting up the forwarding s The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at AoUpload.Articulate.AoUpload.Storage.StorageWse.IsContentTypeAllowed(String contentType)

at Articulate.AoUpload.Upload.CanUploadFile(String filename, String& reason, String& helpLink).

We are using a proxy server and every connection needs an authentication, did anyone have the same issue? what's the workaround?

Thanks.

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Alfred, 

I wanted to point you to this article, where it describes what you'll need to do if you're company is running a proxy server: 

You should contact your IT department to determine what your proxy server address is and what port is being used. Then adjust the Proxy Settings in your Articulate software.

• Presenter: In PowerPoint, go to Articulate > Presentation Options > Other.

If you continue to be unable to publish your course through the Articulate screen, you could try a manual upload. 

Alfred Chen

Hi, Ashley

Thank you for your feedback.

The default setting was to use the IE proxy setting but it failed. I tried to set the proxy server address/port manually but still wasn't lucky.

In the event log of that computer, I found the above error, means the AO Uploader was trying to connect to the URL but failed with Authentication.

When I tried to connect to the URL through IE, it works fine, means the proxy is not the problem, the problem is the AO Uploader can't be authenticated with the proxy.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.