Articulate 360 freezing computer after publishing a Studio 360 presentation

Nov 18, 2016

When I publish a PPT in Studio 360 to a SCORM file - after exiting out of the program my computer completely freezes.  I uninstalled Articulate 360, and it was responsive again.  Installed Articulate 360 again and it repeated the issue.  I also installed it on a 2nd computer for a test and it did it to that machine as well.

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mary,

I just checked in on your case and I saw in addition to getting started with a trial of Articulate 360 that Ryan also shared the following information with you:

Since you are also publishing directly to a network drive, it can also cause erratic behavior to Presenter 360. When creating, editing, and publishing Articulate Presenter 360 courses, be sure you're working on your local hard drive (typically your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency, such as file corruption, an inability to save changes, and loss of resources. Once you are done publishing your file and you have successfully zipped the folder, you can move the resulting zipped folder to your network drive. 

With the issue that you that you are experiencing with the quizzes using the default template after ugprading your presentation, I haven't experienced that yet and so far we haven't received any case regarding this concern. It is really hard to say what could have caused this. It is possible that 1 factor that can contribute to this issue occuring is because the file is saved on the network drive. I would recommend that you move the files to your C: Drive and then upgrade the file and see if the issue will persist. 

Please feel free to let Ryan and/or I know if you need additional assistance.

Jim Powell

Huh, I actually just had the same problem, my computer hasn't frozen like this for a long time.   I had to unplug all my peripherals and try rebooting, finally had to do it in safe mode, then it worked, then I rebooted and everything was back again.  I'll need to keep an eye on this.

Correlation
Causation

Not sure, but thanks for the input it is one heck of a coincidence that this happened to me an hour ago upon publication of my first presenter file after installation of the new 360 product.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Helena,

Oh no, I'm sorry that you're running into issues with Storyline freezing.  This discussion started with Presenter - but a lot of the same troubleshooting steps hold true (publishing and saving locally, repairing Storyline, etc.) 

Have you gone through those steps already? If so, and you're still having trouble let's get a support case started for you! You can reach out to our team here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.