articulate and captivate

Feb 01, 2013

Currently we are offering our users one articulate presenter file and one captivate file for each chapter of a course.

For example:

Chapter 1a PPT/Articulate

Chapter 1b Captivate simulation

Chapter 2a PPT/Articulate

Chapter 2b Captivate simulation

and so on.

I want to combine the a&b parts, 1a and 1b - combine the articulate and captivate. I don't want to insert a swf into articulate. My sync'd animations don't carry over from articulate to captivate, neither does the audio. Note the audio is coming from a 3rd party and imported.

I have tried a web object opening a new window.This crashes IE on Windows 7 with the course in the LMS.

I tried a hyperlink in PPT/articulate. This gives me an IE warning to allow blocked content, so I can't use this as a solution.

Any thoughts on how to consolidate the 2 file types?

5 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Marc,

I haven't used Captivate, but I did want to ask a quick question about one of the issues you mentioned: When you saw the blocked content warning in IE, were you viewing the content locally, or after uploading it to a web server? If you're viewing it locally, that may actually be the cause of the warning. Are you able to try uploading the content to a web server or LMS to test this? 

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Good morning Marc,

Really, the best option is to use the web object feature for this. However, I know this is not the method you want to use. 

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to test the hyperlink setup you tried in Internet Explorer, in another browser. Do you experience the same crashing or warnings in Google Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks Marc,

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.