Articulate on Windows Server 2008

May 02, 2012

Hallo guys need help here can articulate be installed on windows server 2008, i have tried installing on mine and its not being shown. If NOT possible can the developers develop a version that is compatible with Servers

4 Replies
Peter Anderson

Welcome to Heroes, Elisha!

There shouldn't be any issues. The only server requirements for Articulate content is that it can handle the file types generated by the software or any files you have added separately. These can include (but are not limited to) HTML, XML, and SWF files. If you will be including FLV movies in your Articulate content, you may need to ensure that your server has an associated MIME type for FLV files. Here's an older thread discussing it further.

Welcome again!

elisha ray

Hello am Anderson,

Thanx for the attempt but my question is for instance i have the .exe file that i would like to install to my server having Windows Server 2008 as the OS. I have tried on many attempts to install and use the application on our server but its not being picked up like in the case of other OS like windows 7, XP and vista which i have tried and works fine.

My question is can this application be installed on a server? If YES...then HOW? If NOT then can the team develop a server compatible version of the same?

elisha ray

elisha ray said:

Hello  Anderson,

Thanx for the attempt but my question is for instance i have the .exe file that i would like to install to my server having Windows Server 2008 as the OS. I have tried on many attempts to install and use the application on our server but its not being picked up like in the case of other OS like windows 7, XP and vista which i have tried and works fine.

My question is can this application be installed on a server? If YES...then HOW? If NOT then can the team develop a server compatible version of the same?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.