Articulate Presenter 360

Feb 23, 2017

Hi,

I have a query. I have a ppt with few info slides and a quiz slide. The flow is such that when the user takes the quiz and fails, it will take the user to a info slide and on clicking next in that info slide it will go to the quiz slide again for the user to retake the quiz.

The issue i face is that after the learner fails the quiz, it goes to the info slide but on clicking next in that info slide, it shows the Result slide of the quiz rather than starting the quiz again. How do i make the quiz to restart after coming from the info slide.

Thanks

Sajna

31 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Sajna,

Curious how the learner is getting back to the information slides once the quiz is complete. Typically the retry behavior is controlled via the Retry option on the Result Slide as you can see in this tutorial. This would allow the user to get back to those questions as well.

If you'd like us to take a look to better understand, feel free to share the Articulate Package here.

Sajna Thomas

Hi Leslie,

In my ppt, say slide 11 is Quiz slide (around 6 MCQs). Using the quiz properties, i have set the function to go to back to slide 10 on failure. Slide 10 is just an info slide that tells the learner to retry the quiz till a 100% pass is obtained.

The learner can progress to slide 12 only on getting 100% pass in the quiz.  

Currently, i notice that the learner on failure in the quiz goes back to slide 10, but when he clicks next in slide 10 and enters slide 11, which is the quiz slide, it shows the Result slide (of the previous attempt) of the quiz. My Q is how can I make the Quiz to restart when the learner tries to reattempt it when he comes from slide 10.

Thanks

Sajna

Sajna Thomas

Hi,

I am facing a new issue with the articulate presenter 360. I have a quiz (created in prev ver of Articulate). It is a graded quiz . When I preview this quiz in articulate quiz maker it works perfectly. But when this is inserted into the ppt, published and reviewed. .... the quiz acts funny.

On reaching the quiz, it plays the quiz (around 10 Qs). However, on  reaching the 10th or the last Q, it shows the feedback, but it also throws another msg " You need to pass the quiz to go further" --- It doesn't go to the Results page of the quiz at all. Only when it goes to the Results slide, I can retake the quiz. So I am stuck in this place and not able to proceed to view the remaining slides.

Why would this be happening??? Why doesn't the Results slide of the quiz show up?

Thanks

Sajna

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Sajna!

Thanks for letting us know what's going on. After you publish the Presenter 360 file, where do you host the published content--a web server or LMS? If you're testing published content locally, that could explain why you're seeing this wonky behavior, so you'll want to test it in it's intended environment instead. You could also publish to Articulate 360. I like to use that publishing option for testing since it's so quick and easy.

Let me know if you're already testing the published content online, and we'll keep investigating if you're still getting stuck!

Sajna Thomas

Hi Alyssa,

I imported the Quiz Qs to a new file and called it in the ppt. Still no hope.

I have created many quiz files and worked successfully before. The only difference in this quiz file is it has around 6 Question Groups and from each group, 1 or 2 Qs are included. A total of 10 Qs is picked from the 23 Qs (segregated into the 6 Q groups).

I wonder why it is behaving weird....and yes this ppt was created in a earlier ver and upgraded in 360. All my proj files were upgraded before too, I can't understand why only this is causing an issue.

Hope you will be able to help me sort this out soon.

Thanks

Sajna

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Sajna,

I took a peek into your case this morning, and it looks like Abel found that the results slide does appear if you fail a quiz with more than three question groups in Presenter 360. He has logged this issue as a possible software bug, and here's how we're tackling it. As a workaround for now, you'll want to avoid adding more than three question groups in your quiz, or set the quiz in Presenter 360 to view slides at any time.

Thanks again for making us aware of this issue, and I'm sorry if it's slowing you down. We'll be sure to notify you as soon as we have an update!

Sajna Thomas

Well when one issue got sorted out I am facing another one now. I made the quiz change in the edit properties and went ahead to publish the file...On publishing it crashes...I tired 3-4 times and the same result.

In the morning I had successfully published another file of the similar kind but this 2nd file crashes each time i try to publish it. During the publish, it goes through all the slides and quiz and interactions but at cleaning temporary files, it crashes and the articulate error dialog appears. In that i clicked the information link, that opened the notepad with error listing i guess. I am attaching the same here.

Hope you will help me sort this out.

Thanks

Sajna

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sajna,

Hm, that's odd. Are you seeing this in preview mode prior to publishing, or after publishing the file? If you're seeing this after publishing, where is the published content hosted--a web server or LMS? 

It would be really helpful if you could publish the file to Articulate 360 and send me the review link so I can see exactly what's going on. If you'd rather not share it publicly, you can send it to the team privately right here

Sajna Thomas

Hi Alyssa,

I see it in the published mode and after hosting the same on the server.

I am attaching the screen shots for you to take a look. The 'actual slide.png' is the screen shot of the slide before it transitions. The next png is how it looks while transitioning to the next slide.

Let me know if these help in resolving the issue. If not, I will try to create a sample with only the issue slides in the ppt.

Thanks

Sajna

Sajna Thomas

Hey,

I don't understand. Am facing another issue. I click on Publish in my ppt and nothing happens. Only the cursor changes to a blue rotating circle of sort. I never had this sort of issue before. 

Today there were new updates from Articulate 360 and I updated my SL and Studio. This issue cropped up after that. 

I thought perhaps something wrong with the file and i opened another file and the same issue there...on clicking Publish, only the cursor changes to a rotating circle. :-(

I had to end task both the files.

Pls let me know why this happened.

Thanks

Sajna

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Sajna, thanks for letting me know your case number -- you should hear back from the team shortly.

I'm sorry that another issue has creeped up! Is it possible that you’re publishing from somewhere other than your local C: drive?  Publishing from a network drive or a USB drive can cause a few different problems, so you'll want to stick with your local drive.

If you already tried publishing locally, do a simple repair of Studio 360.

Let me know how that goes! If you're still getting stuck, we'll keep digging.

Alyssa Gomez

Great news, Sajna!

We released an update to fix the issue where PowerPoint crashes when publishing in Presenter 360. I'm so sorry for the headaches this has caused you, and I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

To update your software, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the “Update” button next to Studio 360.

Let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.