Articulate Studio 13 to A360 Issues?

Nov 28, 2018

Hello, I have run into this issue a couple times when I am trying to update an old course that was designed with Articulate 13 in the upgrade A360.  I own the old PowerPoint file and when I open the course it is opening using PowerPoint with A360. However, when I try to use the Articulate tab or save my work it crashes (see screenshot below for example error message received). Is there something different that needs to be done if you are making updates to an old course that was designed with Articulate 13 to keep it from crashing? The only solution that I have found is to completely rebuild the training using the old slides from Articulate 13 as a guide while working with A360 in another window. Other training admins have reported similar issues that when they have opened courses designed with Articulate 13 in PowerPoint with A360 that the formatting gets really messed up and they are unable to reformat and have to just build the course from scratch.

The screenshot attached shows a similar message that I have seen when attempting to update, however it comes from Articulate 360, not Articulate 13.

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey there, Marisa.  Here's what I use as a first line of defense against vague freezing and crashing issues:

• Work locally.  You'll want to be sure that the original .ppt file is saved to you local C: drive, and that you're saving your new file to the C: drive.
  • Make sure add-ins are enabled.
  • Try a repair.

If these steps don't solve the issue, please share your files with our team so we can have a closer look!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.