Articulate Studio/Presenter 13 Slows my Powerpoint 2017

Apr 03, 2017

The only way for me to productively work in powerpoint is to uninstall Articulate Studio/Presenter 13. When I uninstall articulate, powerpoint works perfectly fine.

When Articulate is installed and I type the word "five," I have to wait between 7-10 seconds for the letters to appear on the screen. When I remove articulate and type "five" - the letters appear instantaneously. 

If I use the articulate tab and try to access audio editor it can take 60-120 seconds to open.  Its like that for everything when articulate is installed (even if I am not using articulate).

Here are features of my computer:

RAM: 8.0, System Type: 64-Bit, Windows 10, Powerpoint 2016, 136 GB of free space.

My IT department attempted to solve the issue and they couldn't. Said its a software issue. I didn't experience these issues until I upgraded to Microsoft Office 2016

I've tried these:

https://articulate.com/support/article/how-to-repair-articulate-studio-13

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-presenter/presenter-13-slow-response-time

7 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Orlando - Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting your Presenter to work properly. I noticed you did some troubleshooting on your own, and thanks for letting us know. Interesting that the problem began when you upgraded your software. This article takes your troubleshooting a few steps further if you'd like to take a look. Otherwise, it may be best to work directly with our support engineers here to see what may be going on.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Rob, 

This discussion is quite a bit older, so I'd want to start from scratch with you to narrow down what issues you're seeing and get you back up and running! 

• What version and update of Presenter are you using?  You can check by going to the "Help" Tab -> "About Articulate Presenter".
  • What version of Powerpoint are you working in? 
  • Are you seeing the slow performance while working in Presenter overall or is there a specific behavior that causes it? 
  • Have you already looked into the best practices here about working locally and file naming conventions? 
  • Have you tried repairing Presenter? Here are directions for Presenter 13 

Let me know from there and we can continue troubleshooting! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.