Articulate tab doesn't show on PowerPoint 2010 on 64-bit machine.

Jan 21, 2013

Recently we found that we could not get Articulate to show up on the menu bar of PowerPoint 2010.  We installed, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled until we were blue in the face.  It would not show.  This product worked on other 64-bit machines and 32-bit machines but not all.  

We discovered that when our IT department installed MS Office on the new machines, they chose the 64-bit MS Office Suite as opposed to the 32-bit.  This was the problem.  Once we reinstalled MS Office 32-bit, then Articulate appeared on the toolbar with no more problems.  

Hopefully this note helps others.

5 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Will,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share this. We do have an article on this issue, but I appreciate that you took the time to post this information. If you run into problems again in the future, please let us know. We're here to help and hopefully you won't end up with another case of the "blues"

Thanks again. I hope you have a great day!

Christine

Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Tim!

Currently, we're planning on continuing with the same system we have in place, which is to only support the 23-bit installation of Office. However, I have seen a few requests for this recently. If you would like to see support added for 64-bit installations of Office, please consider sharing your request with our development team. 

Thanks very much!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.