Articulate tab on the PowerPoint 2010 Ribbon not "active"

Jul 22, 2014

I have a Project in progress that I started on a "network drive". Today I was moving my existing project files to my local C:// drive, and encountered some issues. I hve logged a support ticket, but while I'm waiting for an email from them, I thought I'd try here.

My previous problem was that the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint 2010 (32 bit) Ribbon was "dead". There was no activity and when I clicked on Edit in Engage or Edit Properties the Picture tab became active.

I just now "reused" the slides from my original presentation into a brand new Project, and then attempted to edit an Engage Interaction. I am now receiving a Run-time error '462': the remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable.

Any thoughts on how to be able to not LOSE all the work I've done on the old project (Slide Masters, images, etc.) and still have my interactions?

thanks!

Ruth

3 Replies
Ellen Rose

Has this issue been resolved?  I'm having the same problem with Run-time error '462': the remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable. 

I would be grateful for assistance on this, the error is occurring on 2 machines.

I have tried the files running both locally and from a server and the errors are the same, file location doesn't appear to be the problem.

Christie Pollick

Hi, Ellen - Unfortunately, after some correspondence, it does not appear that the customer came back with a final response, however, here are the steps our Support Engineers suggested:

If one of the buttons on Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon isn't working, here's how to correct it: 

http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=ap13&id=481dx53dgh9d 

Please also note that when creating, editing, and publishing Articulate Presenter '13 courses, be sure you're working on your local hard drive (typically your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, such as file corruption, an inability to save changes, and loss of resources. See this article for more information: 

http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=ap13&id=adudnsy7h9aw 

Hope that is of some assistance!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.