Attach a pdf in Articulate Presenter 2013

Nov 20, 2013

My company just upgraded to 2013 We had been using 2009 and I would attach a pdf of the presentation to the Articulate presentation and then I could link to the file with a hyperlink to data/downloads/whateverthefilenameis.pdf I am generating the HTML5 output and do not see the dat folder pr downloads foder in the output and do not see how to attach the pdf to the output. What am I missing? This helps us meet the 508 compliance requirements for government files.

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mike,

For Presenter 13, you'll want to follow these directions to hyperlink to a file:

Hyperlinking to a web page is supported in Presenter. However, hyperlinking to a file isn't directly supported. That being said, you can hyperlink to a file in this manner:

1. Right-click the text or object in PowerPoint you want to hyperlink, and select Hyperlink.
  2. Select Exisiting File or Web Page.
  3. Type the name of the file into the Address field, including its file extension. It's case-sensitive, so be sure to type the file name exactly. (Note: You can't browse for the file.) 
  4. Publish your presentation.
  5. Open the folder that contains your published output.

Place a copy of the file to which you linked in the root folder of your published output (where the presentation.html file is located).   Additionally, you could include it within the Resources tab, and then link to it following these directions. 

Mike Seckman

When you publish your project, open the folder and create a folder beneath it called data. Beneath that folder create a folder named downloads. Place the pdf in the downloads folder you created. When creating the link in PowerPoint, create the hyperlink to

data\downloads\thenameofyourfile.pdf

Try that,

Mike

Michael Seckman CTT+
Training Manager
The CROWNWeb Outreach, Communication and Training (OCT) Team
Health Services Advisory Group, Inc.
813.865.3340 mseckman@hsag.com

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.