Attachments in Presenter

Apr 18, 2013

I attached a resource document to a .ppta file. When published, to either AICC or SCORM 1.2, I have issues with the attachment.

In SCORM 1.2, the attachment opens in a new window, which is fine, but the course falls back to the link to it in the original window. I have to click the link again, and go through the message about "would I like to start where I left off?" Is there a setting in Presenter which would help me avoid this looping behavior when I open an attachment?

In AICC, the attachment did not appear at all. Also, the course did not size properly.

Which of these problems can I remedy through a setting in Presenter, and which are related to the LMS?

Thanks very much!

Hilary Ziols

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes, Hilary!

Are you viewing the presentation in the LMS when testing this? If not, please try uploading the course first and see if you experience the same behavior when you try to open the attachment. 

If you view a published Presenter '09 presentation on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail.
To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published. Please review the following article for details:
If you have uploaded the content to your LMS and still experience the same thing, can you tell me which browser you're using to open the course and attachments? Have you tried viewing the course in a different web browser? If so, does the same thing happen?

Also, have you tested your course in SCORM Cloud? This would help us determine if the issue is Articulate related or if it's on your LMS's side. If you're using AICC content please take a look at the article below for testing information:

Articulate Support - Testing AICC content at SCORM Cloud

If it appears in SCORM Cloud as well, we'd be happy to take a closer look at what might be going on.

If you can't replicate the issue in SCORM Cloud, it's probably an issue that you'd want to take to your LMS team. 

The articles here and here may also help clear up common LMS issues.

Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!

Christine

Hilary  Ziols

Hi Christine,

Thank you SO much for giving me some avenues to try again.

I did upload the course to the LMS - this is where the problem is occuring. I will read the article.

I am constrained to use IE 7. This is an enterprise environment. There is no acceptance of anything but IE. I viewed the course at home using Chrome and saw the described behavior.

You're a gem to be there when I need help!

I'll let you know what I turn up.

Thanks,

Hilary

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.