I have a course I developed in August 2012 (131 slides, 108451 kb current .ppta file) published for CD with no problem. I went in to update the content about a week ago and when I published it, no audio. I went back in to the original .pptx and .ppta files and the audio editor shows space for the audio, e.g., slide 1 has a start of 0.0 and an end of 1.36 and other slides show the same type of "empty space", but there is no actual audio showing and previews/published course does no contain audio.
This will be a MAJOR catastrophe if this cannot be resolved. I have students waiting on the course and if I have to re-record this whole thing, it may take weeks that I do not have. Like I said no problems before either developing, publishing, or providing to students.