Audio Disappears

Jan 29, 2014

I have lost all the audio in my presentation twice now. I have all the audio saved separately as .wav files in a folder on the C drive. I import it into my PowerPoint using the Import Audio function, it all works fine, then the next day it disappears. All the other changes I made to the presentation are still there, but no audio files show up. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you!

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Staci and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

Here's some information regarding missing audio: 

If you are working in Presenter and notice that your audio is missing, please review this article, which outlines reasons and solutions.

Also, be sure that your presentation is located on your local hard drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB (external) drive can cause erratic behavior, including loss of resources (such as audio). 

Staci Katkov

Thanks Leslie.

I looked at the information on the link you provided. When I am working on a project, it creates several -old.ppta files. I tried to follow the instructions provided to remove the old files & rename it to see if the audio would link back up. Instead, it now says that PowerPoint found a problem with the content & cannot open the file. I click Repair, & it says there was an error accessing the file. So, I gave up for the moment & went to open another PowerPoint file only to discover the same problem. In this second presentation, I have not done any work with Articulate, other than to add a couple characters, so there is just one .ppta file. The other files I had worked on are fine so far. Any ideas on what is happening or how I can fix it? My IT group is pretty stumped. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.