Audio doesn't play on random slides from published Presenter 360 presentation

Apr 07, 2021

I used audio narration throughout my entire Presenter 360 slideshow. There's a quiz at the end too. When I review my presentation in Review 360, there are no hiccups. 

However, when I publish the file to our LMS, random slides will not have audio. You can press the restart button, which will restart the slide and the audio narration starts. The slides that have no audio appear to happen at random, so I don't think it has anything to do with the content on the slides. This appears to be a bug. Can you check out my file and let me know what you find?

7 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Gao!

Thank you for sharing the published zip folder with us! I understand the audio is missing on random slides when publishing the course for Review 360 and publishing for LMS. I can see in the presentation_content folder that the audio files are included in the published output file. Which browser are you using when the audio is missing? Have you tried viewing the course in another browser to see if the audio is missing there as well?

It would be helpful for our team to take a look at the Articulate Package. I'd recommend sharing the Articulate Package with our Support Engineers in a support case.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Joan!

I apologize that you're running into audio issues as well! I can understand your frustration. With your permission, I'd like our Support Engineers to step in to take a look at your project. You can upload your Articulate Package in a support case. You'll hear from our team as soon as possible!

Gao Vang

Both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have the random audio error. I attempted playback 2x on Internet Explorer and did not run into the same issues. However, Internet Explorer will not be supported on my LMS in the near future, so it won't be an option for me to ask users to use Internet Explorer. 

I attached an updated Presenter Articulate Package. In this one I put a disclaimer in the beginning to tell the learner to click the restart button, if audio does not play. Restart always seems to work to start the audio back up. 

Lauren Connelly

Hello Gao!

Thank you so much for those extra details and the Articulate Package! Unfortunately, I'm getting an error message when I try to publish the course, so I've started a case on your behalf with our Support Engineers! I shared the Articulate Package in your case, so they'll begin by testing the file and then reach out to you via email!

I appreciate your help in troubleshooting this issue!