Audio Editor Problems

Aug 11, 2014

I am using Articulate Studio 13 and have created a fairly large presentation, but when I go to edit the audio, no playhead is visible and I cannot click on sections to move the playhead so it will only start from the beginning. I also cannot make selections - when I click and drag nothing shows on the screen. Please can you help.

10 Replies
Tom MacKay

Thank you for your reply. I have tried all of those options now, but unfortunately it still doesn't work - I can see the audio file in the editor and it will play from the beginning, however I cannot get a playhead to play from any other position or make selections to edit. Is there a maximum file size for the articulate projects - mine is 1.2 gb - I wondered if that could be causing a problem?

Mario Gervais

Tom MacKay said:

Thank you for your reply. I have tried all of those options now, but unfortunately it still doesn't work - I can see the audio file in the editor and it will play from the beginning, however I cannot get a playhead to play from any other position or make selections to edit. Is there a maximum file size for the articulate projects - mine is 1.2 gb - I wondered if that could be causing a problem?

Hi Tom, can you tell more about your environment? Are you with a win7 64 bits and a Office 2010 32 bits?

Mario Gervais

Tom MacKay said:

Just to update again - now when I try to open the audio editor with the large file it just crashes. I think it must be the file size. What would be the best way (if possible) to split my large presentation into smaller presentations and keep the connected audio please?

Tom, What I can say is that I already had a similar problem with a large file. And when I say large, I am talking about time. This slide had an imported audio file of 41 minutes. I had to delete it and the problem was gone. I don't know if it could help but...

I reported this problem but I don't know if Presenter staff are working on this issue.

Good luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.