audio editor Studio 360 cursor and voice track seem to be slightly out of sync

Jul 12, 2017

I just did another fine tune edit on a Presenter 360 audio track using the audio editor. When I play it back, the silence that I though I had cut out of the front of my presentation was gone, but so was the first 1/10 second of so of my actual audio track.  I was very careful, by expanding the selection to make sure that I had not selected any of this part of the audio track before selecting it. 

This feature worked fine in previous editions of presenter. I used to very fine cuts to my audio track, often replacing a single work in the track accurately. I just can't do that anymore, because the visual representation of the track, and even its audio play, just does not seem to be accurately synched when I expand a part of the wave form in the Audio Editor. Am I the only one who seems to be experiencing this? 

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for letting us know you opened a case, Aaron. I see that you were working with Victor, and he reported this as a possible software bug.

Tood, what we found was the audio and wave form are not synchronized during playback in the audio editor, and it sounds like that's what you're seeing, too.

I'm really sorry this is causing a slow-down, but I'll tag this thread to be updated as soon as we find a fix. 

Alyssa Gomez

Great news!  Another update for Articulate 360 is now available.  It includes a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.

The item you may be interested in is a fix for the audio waveform synchronization in the audio editor.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.