background audio

Sep 12, 2012

Hi all,

I was hoping someone can help me out. I have been trying to trouble shoot for many many hours and I cannot figure out what has happened. I have created a course with background music that loops throughout the whole course, except for 4 seperate slides where there is a video that plays so I have made sure that there is no background music for those particular slides. The problem is when i preview it, it works fine, when i publish it, i can test it and the background music will stop on a couple of the slides that has the video, but not on the others. Then when i republish it, the same thing will happen, but it might then be a slide that was working fine will then stop working correctly. I have deleted the playlist and readded them, and the same thing keeps happening. Can anyone help me out?

thanks

8 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hi Lisa, 

Sounds like something funky is going on. We'd be happy to take a closer look at your project files to see what's happening, if you'd like. Please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Thanks!

Peter Anderson

Hi Lisa,

I'm actually not seeing any recent cases associated with your name or email. Did you receive a confirmation email or case number when you submitted the case? If not, you may want to try uploading your files through this link, and someone will get to you very shortly. And please let me know when you receive a case number so I can follow through with it personally. Really sorry for the trouble.

Peter Anderson

Hi Lisa!

You're not a pestering nag at all! It actually looks like Jonathan sent the following note to you on 9/21:

"The project file is actually using a Playlist on each slide. Currently, there's no way that the background music will automatically stop when there's a video in the slide. 

What you could possibly do as a workaround is to create a new Playlist and use that in the slide with video. Then set the volume of that Playlist to a lower level so that it will not interfere with the audio in the video. 

Or, you can simply remove the Playlist in the slide with the video. 

More information on adding Playlist in your project and setting its volume level from this tutorial: 
http://community.articulate.com/tutorials/products/adding-background-audio-playlists-to-your-presentation.aspx "

I hope that solution helps, and please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. And sorry for the delay...

You may want to check your spam or junk folder, and ensure that email from support@articulate.com is not blocked by your email server. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.