Studio360 Issues

Aug 08, 2017

Hi all

I must be honest and say I'm finding Studio 360 a bit buggy. The latest irritation is trying to change properties in 'Slide Properties'.  I'm updating presentations from Studio 09. I'm trying to change the properties of Engage Interactions from within the 'Slide Properties' section. There's an option on the right of each slide for 'Resources' which I don't want to use. I select 'Off' or 'Off default' for each one and close 'Slide Properties'. If I open 'Slide Properties' up immediately after, the changes haven't been saved, or some have and some haven't. Is it me or is this a known issue?

It's also taking about 10 minutes to publish a presentation. I'm on a Dell XPS, laptop Intel® Core™ i7 processor, 16GB Memory. It's a new laptop and nothing else installed except Office and Mcafee. Is this normal?

Thanks 

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Sorry you're dealing with that, Peter! I haven't seen issues where settings aren't saving, and I wouldn't expect publishing to take 10 minutes. I'm happy to help you figure this out! Let's start here:

• Are you working from your local hard drive?
  • What version of PowerPoint are you using? 
  • Have you tried these steps to fix unexpected behavior in Studio? 
Peter Travis Travis

Thanks for getting back to me Alyssa. To answer your questions, yes, I'm working form the local hard drive and I'm using the latest version of Powerpoint. As Regards .NET Framework, I see the following in Windows Features:

Net Framework 4.7 Advanced Services

• ASP.NET 4.7 (unchecked)
  • WCF Services
    • HTTP Activation (unchecked)
    • Message Queuing (MSMQ) Activation (unchecked)
    • Named Pipe Activation (unchecked)
    • TCP Activation (unchecked)
    • TCP Port Sharing (checked)

So the only thing activated is 'TCP Port Sharing' in 'WCF Services'. Should anything else be activated?

Thanks

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.