Can I use PowerPoint 2007 and 2010 for same project?

Jun 15, 2011

We have an instance where a person's laptop crashed, luckily we have all the Articulate files backed up. The crashed laptop was used to develop the content in Office 2010. The backup laptop we have has Office 2007. Can a single project be developed using both versions of Office without concern? Or could there be negative impacts?

Thank you for any responses!

Dane

8 Replies
Steve Flowers

BTW, PPT2011 has a few nice features that PPT2010 doesn't have. The reorder feature is neat (provides a visual view of the layers of a screen in an exploded view). But I still prefer 2010:( Things like the selection and visibility pane (a MUST USE) are missing from PPT2011.

I bought 2010 for my Windows 7 virtual machine. I just like using my native development tools and tend to bounce back and forth quite a bit building illustrations or media elements. This gets tiresome with the virtual machine eating so many cycles. So I'm trying it out with PPT2011. Seems to work OK so far but I'm finding the lack of the selection pane makes the experience come up short.

Steve Flowers

One drawback I've just noticed on the Mac. If you embed objects into your slides, Mac will kick up an ActiveX error. So it works pretty well going back and forth until you place an object. I'm not sure if this happens with Engage, Quizmaker, or Flash files (I placed all three). I suspect this will happen with any of the three.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.