Can't uninstall Articulate Studio 13 in PowerPoint 2010

Dec 06, 2015

Installed demo version of latest studio 13, after uninstalling, powerpoint 2010 shows a message at start that it can't load the add-in. Checked  PPT for the add-in and is not present. Rebooted my windows 7 (64bit), but the message still comes up.

Tried to uninstall from the Studio installer and Windows uninstaller, both fail to remove the error message.

"Sorry, for some reason PowerPoint couldn't load the C:\Program Files (x86)\Articulate\presenter\articulate.ppa add-in"

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you!!!

5 Replies
George Martin

Hello Leslie

Thank you for the reply, I did follow all the directions to uninstall, it even worked on a different machine so it is a problem localized to my desktop environment.

I finally had to uninstall PowerPoint and install it again ( the repair feature of MS office was not able to solve that problem), it required more work but now that error message is gone.

I will contact the support team if the situation happens again,

Thanks!

Jose Tansengco

Hi John

Sorry to hear that you encountered issues with using Presenter 360. You can follow these steps to remove all Articulate 360 applications from your computer, as well as steps to reinstall the applications if you intend to use them again. 

UNINSTALL

1) Close the Articulate 360 desktop app by right-clicking the Articulate icon in your computer's system tray (by the clock) and choosing "Quit."

2) Go to your Control Panel and uninstall all Articulate 360 apps, including the Articulate 360 desktop app, Peek 360, Replay 360, Storyline 360, and Studio 360.

3) Download and extract this zip file on your computer: http://articulate-360-kb.s3.amazonaws.com/360cleanup.zip

4) Right-click the 360cleanup.bat file and choose "Run as administrator." The script should only take a few seconds to remove all the Articulate files and registry keys from your computer.

5) Reboot your computer.

REINSTALL

6) Download the latest Articulate 360 desktop app here: https://360.articulate.com/downloads

7) Right-click the articulate-360.exe file and choose "Run as administrator."

8) Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app and click "Install" beside each authoring app you want to install.

9) Reboot your computer and test your Articulate apps.

Hope this helps!