Error - AP6.exe has stopped working

Does anyone know what this is or how to correct it? 

It seems to have something to do with Engage because I got the same error when I tried to publish an Engage interaction outside of a course. I was able to open the PPT and pull the interaction in from the Articulate tab, but now I'm getting the same error when I publish the course as a whole. 

I removed the 2 Engage pieces (one tab, one slide) and now it is publishing fine. I really need those pieces tho, not to mention I can't go without Engage completely. Just can't. Or at least I REALLY don't want to.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

9 Replies
Natalia Mueller

If anyone else comes across this with a similar problem and wants to know the outcome - it turns out that I had installed .NET Framework 4.0 for an unrelated project and that did not work with Engage. We did a system restore to get me back to the previous version and my problem was resolved. 

Thanks to everyone that helped me get back on track!

Natalia Mueller

That's good to know and certainly possible. It's also possible that the system restore corrected some other problem we never identified. We were leaning to the .NET explanation since the Engage problems began at the same time as the installation but there are certainly other possibilities.

Ultimately, I'm just glad we got Engage back online. Thanks!