Error code 120?

Aug 12, 2011

Articulate is locking up when I try to publish.

So far I have attempted to repair - no success

Uninstall/reinstall from fresh download - no sucess

Can anyone advise as to what this means?

What is going on?

Thanks

Pete

19 Replies
Brian Batt

Hi Pete,

I apologize for the issues that you're having.  First, try all of the recommendations noted here:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=497

If you continue to have issues, try repairing your normal.dotm file:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/204929869

If you still have issues after that, can you check to see if you have any special characters in your file name or the directory path of the file?

Poder Klabo

Thanks Brian. 

I think I've actually got Office problems, not Articulate ones. Sorry to jump to conclusions. After I calmed down,  I investigated all the "stuff" going on and discovered THREE instances of winword.exe running! Three!! 

Once I whacked them, everything began working correctly.

I'm going to investigate the dotm file issue . . .

Pete

Peter Anderson

Hi SIM!

Have you had a chance to try any of the troubleshooting steps listed above or in this article? If you're still having trouble, we'd be happy to take a look at your project files. First, create an Articulate Presenter Package of your presentation as described here. Then upload the resulting zip file from your computer on the second page of this form, and we''ll attempt to diagnose what's happening when we receive your upload. Thanks!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Pina! You are not able to re-create the issue in another project? It's just one project causing difficulty for you?

I would advise that you follow these steps:

1. Open a blank presentation in PowerPoint.
  2. Save the presentation.
  3. Click the Home tab.
  4. Click the drop-down arrow beside New Slide and select Reuse Slides.
  5. Click the Browse button and select Browse File.
  6. Locate your original PowerPoint file and click the Open button.
  7. At the bottom of the Reuse Slides panel, select the Keep source formatting check box.
  8. Right click the first slide in the Reuse Slides panel and select Insert All Slides.
  9. Save the new presentation and republish.

Note:  Resources, such as audio and video, that you inserted via Articulate Presenter into the original presentation will need to be inserted again into the new presentation.  You may need to export the narration from your original presentation.  Then import it into the new presentation.

If this does not help, you may to look into this article (or this one if you use Studio '13) with your IT Team as it seems the issues above for the other users were related to their Office Product.

Pina Marselli

Hi Leslie

also with the new installation of Office the error remains.

I created a new project with PowerPoint (5 slide - oly text ), if  use Articulate (mode prewiew i receive the following message : "There was an error copyng player files. Error code 120"

Another mistake is for the component additional "articulate presenter Ribbon"

I disabled and then enabled and then nothing changes

Can you help me?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

If you're using Microsoft Windows 7 with all the latest updates installed, you may see the following error when you publish an Articulate Presenter '09 course:

There was an error copying player files. Error Code: 120

This issue was fixed in Update 11 for Articulate Presenter '09. Install the latest version to take advantage of the new features and fixes, then republish your course.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ward,

You can see the system requirements for Presenter 09 here, and the specifics for Office versions I included below:

Microsoft PowerPoint: PowerPoint 2000, PowerPoint 2002 (PowerPoint XP), PowerPoint 2003, PowerPoint 2007 or  32 Bit PowerPoint 2010
Microsoft Word: Word 2000, Word 2002 (Word XP), Word 2003, Word 2007, or 32 Bit Word 2010

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.