ERROR: Could not load the file ‘presentation_content\data.xml’ with Presenter 2013

May 17, 2016

Hello!

I'm trying to republish a module in Presenter '13, with Windows 10. I was able to publish this module before without an issue using Vista and Presenter '13, but now I get an error message when I try to open the player, preview, and publish. There's been no change in my antivirus software, either, just the update to Windows 10.

The module content is in Korean, and I think that the program might be having difficulty with the characters. However, even with all quizzes removed and the default player set in English, the error message still appears. The name of the file is in English with no special characters. I think it is the actual text content itself that is causing the error. Is there a way for me to republish?

Thanks!

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anna, 

Are you having trouble with just this project file or with your files in general?

If it's just this file, you may want to try the following:

1. Open a new, blank presentation in PowerPoint.
  2. Go to the Home tab, click the drop-down arrow beside New Slide, and choose Reuse Slides.
  3. In the Reuse Slides panel, click the Browse button and choose Browse File.
  4. Browse to your original PowerPoint file and click Open.
  5. At the bottom of the Reuse Slides panel, mark the box to Keep source formatting.
  6. Right-click the first slide in the Reuse Slides panel and select Insert All Slides.
  7. Save the new presentation and republish.

Note: Articulate resources, such as audio and video, will need to be inserted again into the new presentation. You may need to export the narration from your original presentation, then import it into the new presentation.

If it's multiple files, I would advise to be sure that you are on the latest update, which is Update 7, or conduct a repair of your software if you are already utilizing the latest update.

Anna Groebe

Hi Ashley,

Just two project files, both with the same content and translated into the
same language (I'm publishing the same module for two separate LMSs). All
other Articulate projects are working without a problem. I tried the steps
suggested, but got the same error. Is it possibly something to do with
Windows 10 on my computer? I didn't have this problem when I first
published the module a few months ago, before I upgraded to Windows 10.
I've also tried repairing both Articulate and Office, and I've been able to
successfully republish other modules.

Thanks!

Anna

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anna,

I wouldn't think that Windows 10 alone would cause this issue, but perhaps something else changed on your system when you installed Windows 10? It's certainly unusual to only be this file - are you seeing it with any other translated files? If you'd like to send along the Presenter package of one of the problematic files our team can take a look and see how it behaves on our end and also they can work to figure out anything else that may be causing the problem. 

Anna Groebe

Hi Ashley,

One of the other files had slight changes with how the text displayed
during preview, but those were easily resolved and didn't have any error
messages. I republished each of the other translations, and none of them
had the same issue. I've submitted the Presenter package to Articulate
Support so they can take a look.

Thank you so much for your help!

Anna

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.