Error HTTP404 when embedding a web object.

Jul 17, 2013

I am currenty working on an Articulate, and I have embedded severaly web objecst from Captivate.  Today I went to add a 3rd and 4th captivate web object and I continue to get "The webpage cannot be found" when I preview the presentation in my LMS.  The first two play fine, but the second two gets the error.  I went through the same exact process with all web objects.  Cany anyone help?

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Ruby and Welcome to E-Learning Heroes! Are you following this article when inserting your Captivate file? You also want to be sure that the files are local when you are adding them and be sure that you work on your local (C drive. Working on a network drive or a USB can cause erratic behavior. You want to test your content in its intended environment, so I just need to verify that you are publishing and sharing your content as this article states. If your issue still occurs, just let me know and we can further troubleshoot.  Thanks so much and have a great day :)

Ruby Jones

Thank you Leslie...I am publishing it for LMS.  My first two web objects work when I preview it in the LMS, but the second 2 won't.  I can't seem to figure out the disconnect.  I followed the steps on this link for all of them: http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=ap9&id=tzihj5cssoi0.  The only difference that I saw between the first two and the second two was after I published the Captivate, I navigated My Adobe Captivate Projects folder and on the second set it didn't show the index.html file.  I didn't think that was a big deal because the instructions say to delete it anyways since we end up creating our own index.html.  I hope that makes sense.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.