Error Message

Jun 29, 2015

When I try to update my file (add audio, slide properties, etc.) I get the following

error message: Error message

If I delete the ppta file it lets me continue, but the next time I try to do anything, I get the same message. I have Presenter '09, nothing newer. I tried saving the PPT file in Compatibility mode but that didn't help. Any ideas?

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sharon, 

You mentioned deleting the PPTA file, which is the file where all the Presenter elements are stored. I'd look at resaving the .ppt file and opening it anew in Powerpoint and ensuring the Articulate ribbon is enabled and working. Once you've done that, you'll want to keep the .ppt and the .ppta file in the same folder and ensure that they have the same name. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the update and just an FYI replying via email includes your email signature here, so you're welcome to update the post to remove that information. 

To prevent further odd behavior you'll want to ensure you're working on local project files and that you're using the latest update of Studio '09. (Update 10). 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.