Error Message (Presenter 360). Presenter 13 file "could not be upgraded"

Jan 24, 2017

The error says that the presentation could not be upgraded.  Anyone else figure out a solution to this?  I have several similar presentatinos to this one and this is the first time I've had an upgrade error. Thanks, Jim

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Jim!

Sorry you're running into this. First you'll want to be sure you're working from your local hard drive. Once you're sure the file is saved on your local drive, try updating the file to Presenter 360 again.

If the same issue persists, can you send us a copy of your Articulate Package, so we can try updating it to Presenter 360 on our end? You can send it directly to our support engineers right here. Also be sure to let me know your case number so I can follow along, as well.

Di van Santen

I have a PowerPoint 2013 presentation, on my local drive, that now already has the Articulate 360 icons in the add-on, (previous attempt to upgrade, I think) but keeps asking me to UPGRADE when I go into the Articulate ribbon. I can't make up an Articulate Package of the presentation to send to your support engineers because the 360 Presenter icon comes up when I try to create a "Share" package and Articulate again asks me unsuccessfully to UPGRADE. It's a frustratingly vicious circle!!  BTW I did manage to upgrade another PPT presentation on the same local drive today and it UPGRADED successfully!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Di and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue, but you gave a great description that should be able to let us assist you. 

You mention that is occurring on a specific file and you are not able to replicate the issue, which leads me to believe that perhaps that project is corrupt. You can check out the details here on how to re-use those slides in a new project.

If that does not work, please be sure to reach out to our support team here (a file is not required) for further assistance.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Thank you for letting us know! Is the Presenter 13 file stored on your local hard drive? 

If the file is stored locally, would you be able to share the file with us for further troubleshooting? You can share files in this thread, or you're always welcome to share them privately here. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.